The PeppaMint is a 'must have' gadget for any geek wishing to decode the world of Arduino programming. Part of our Inspire range, this minty fresh kit contains all the components you need to build your very own PeppaMint.
Availability: Delivery is delayed
50 Item in stock Items in stock
The PeppaMint is a 'must have' gadget for any geek desiring to decode the world of Arduino programming. Part of our Inspire range, this minty fresh kit contains all the components you need to build your very own PeppaMint. It's a great first step on the path to programming fluency and gives you the know how to start programing using the Arduino language. The PeppaMint helps you to understand the link between software and hardware as you build your own console and learn how to program it. The fun doesn't need to stop between completing your build and writing your first program as the PeppaMint comes pre-programmed with a bouncing ball game for you to enjoy. When you're ready to move on, check out the PeppaMint Programming Guide in the PeppaMint download package and teach yourself how to program. The Guide takes you through beginner tutorials: starting with how to light an LED within the matrix, you will progress through how to play a tune, how to program using "if" and "else" commands, and how to make the PeppaMint scroll your name.
Included in the kit:
- All the components you will need to build your own PeppaMint
- PeppaMint construction instructions
- An ATMEGA328 microchip with pre-loaded bouncing ball game for use in your PeppaMint
Not included but you will need:
- A soldering iron
- Some solder
- Soldering experience (if you have never soldered before please read our "how to solder guide" and take great care when using a hot soldering iron. If you are worried that you do not have enough soldering experience the Minty Geek badge making kit makes an excellent starters project and introduces you to large-pad, small-pad and same-side soldering.)
- Patience! (Some of the components of the PeppaMint can be tricky to fit, however with a little patience they are manageable and the sense of achievement when you fit them is overwhelming!)
- A 9V battery (although the PeppaMint can receive power from a computer you will need a 9v battery if you want to power it on the move)
Not included but needed to start programming the PeppaMint:
- An FTDI to USB cable (you will need this when you want to start programming your PeppaMint)
- A PeppaMint download package. This is freely available and can be downloaded using the links below. Alternatively you can buy a hard-copy of the PeppaMint Introduction to Programming Guide and a flash drive containing the download package for easy installation on your computer.
- Some imagination: once you have worked through the tutorials and examples in the "PeppaMint introduction to programming guide" (included in the PeppaMint download package) you can go on to create all manner of programs using your PeppaMint. All you need is your imagination!
You can download the PeppaMint download package using the links below. If you are intending to use a PC to program your PeppaMint then click on the PeppaMint download package PC version link. Likewise if you are intending to program using a MAC click on the PeppaMint download package MAC version link. These links will begin the download of the files you will need to begin programming your PeppaMint. Once the download is comlete copy or move the folder from your downloads folder onto your desktop or other suitable location on your computer's hard drive. Open this folder when you are ready to begin and start by reading the readthisfirst.pdf file located within it.
No customer comments for the moment.